- Bernard, D. (2001). Growing a church: Seven apostolic principles. Hazelwood, MO: Word Aflame Press.
- Frazee, R. (2001). The connecting church: Beyond small groups to authentic community. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- Gibbs, E. (2000). I believe in church growth. Pasadena, CA: Fuller Seminary Press.
- Hunter, G. (1996). Church for the unchurched. Nashville, TN: Abindgon.
- McGavran, D. The bridges of God: A study in the strategy of missions.
- McGavran, D. (1970). Understanding church growth. 3rd Ed.
- Whitesel, B. (2012). Cure for the common church: God’s plan to restore church health. Indianapolis, IN: Wesleyan Publishing House.
- Whitelsel, B. (2006). Inside the organic church: Learning from 12 emerging congregations. Nashville, TN: Abindgon Press.
- Whitesel, B. (2011). Organix: Signs of leadership in a changing church. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
Christian Community Development
- Castellanos, N. (2015). Where the cross meets the street: What happens to the neighborhood. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press.
- Nelson, M. (2010). Empowerment: A key component of Christian community development. Bloomington. IL: iUniverse.
- Perkins, J. (1993). Beyond charity: The call to Christian community development. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing.
- Sherman, A. (2007). The relentless pursuit: Stories of God’s hope, love and grace in the neighborhood. Colorado Springs, CO: Dawsonmedia.
- Whitesel, B. & Hunter, K. (2000). A house divided: Bridging the generation gaps in your church. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Carroll, D. (2013). Christians at the border: Immigration, the church, and the T
- Kenny, K. (2013). Diaspora: A very short introduction. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Payne, J. D. (2013). Pressure points: Twelve global issues shaping the face of the church. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson, Inc.
- Payne, J. D. (2012). Strangers next door: Immigration, migration, and mission. Downers Grove: Intervarsity Press
- Pocock, M. & Wan, E. (2015). Diaspora missiology: Reflections on reaching the scattered peoples of the world. Pasadena, CA: William Carey Library.
- Koenig, J. (2001). New Testament hospitality: Partnership with strangers as promise and mission. Eugene, OR: Wiph and Stock Publishers.
- McIntosh, G. (2006). Beyond the first visit: The complete guide to connecting guests to your church. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing.
- McNight, J. (1995) The careless society: Community and its counterfeits. New York, NY: Perseus Books Group.
- Newman, E. (2007). Untamed hospitality: Welcoming God and other strangers. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press.
- Oden, A. (2001). And you welcomed me: A sourcebook on hospitality in early Christianity. Nashville, TN: Abindgon Press.
- Pohl, C. (1999). Making room: Recovering hospitality as a Christian tradition. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans.
- Reynolds, T. (2008). Vulnerable communion: A theology of disability and hospitality. Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos Press.
- Schnase, R. (2008). Five practices – Radical hospitality. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Strauch, A. (1993). Hospitality commands. Littleton, Co: Lewis & Roth Publisher.
- Bosch, D. (1995). Believing in the future: Toward a missiology of Western culture. Valley Forge, PA: Trinity Press Internations.
- Engel, J. & Dryness, W. (2000). Changing the mind of mission: Where have we gone wrong? Downers Grove, IL: IVP Press.
- Escobar, S. (2003). The new global mission: The Gospel from everywhere to everyone. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic.
- Flemming, D. (2005). Contextualization in the New Testament: Patterns for theology and mission.
- Flett, J. (2010). The witness of God: the Trinity, missio Dei, Karl Barth and the nature of the Christian community. William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Hiebert, P. (1999). Missiological implications of epistemological shifts: Affirming truths in a modern/postmodern world. Harrisburg, PA: Trinity Press International.
- Hunsberger, G. & Van Gelder, C. (1996). Church between gospel and culture: The emerging mission in North America. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans Publishing.
- Kärkkäinen, V. (2002). An introduction to ecclesiology: Ecumenical, historical and global perspectives. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Lingenfelter, S. and Mayers. (2003). Ministering cross-culturally: An incarnational model for personal relationships.
- Massey, F. & Berry McKinney, S. (2003). Church administration in the Black perspective. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press.
- McIntosh, G. & McMahan. (2012). Being the church in a multi-ethnic community: Why it matters and how it works.
- Moreau, A., Corwin, G. & McGee. (2004). Introducing world missions: A biblical, historical and practical survey. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
- Roxburgh, A. (1997). The missionary congregation, leadership & liminality. Harrisburg, PA: Trinity Press.
- Scott, D. (2000). A divine partnership.
- Sugden, C. (2000). Gospel, culture, and transformation. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock.
- Taylor, W. (Ed.) (2000). Global missiology for the 21st century. The Iguassu dialogue. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
- Tizon, A. (2008). Transformation after Lausanne: Radical evangelical mission in global-local perspective. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock.
- Van Gelder, C. (2000). The essence of the church: A community created by the Spirit. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books.
- Van Gelder, C. & Zscheile. (2011). The missional church in perspective: Mapping trends and shaping conversations. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books.
- Van Rheenen, G. (1996). Biblical foundations & contemporary strategies: Missions. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- Wright, W. (2000). Relational leadership: A biblical model for leadership service. Waynesboro, GA: Paternoster Publishing.
- Yamamori, T. (1993). Penetrating missions’ final frontier: A new strategy for unreached peoples. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Bosch, D. (2010). Transforming mission: Paradigm shifts in theology of mission. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books.
- Dryness, W. (1990). Learning about theology from the third world. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- Köstenberger, A. & O’Brien, P. (2001). Salvation to the ends of the earth: A biblical theology of mission. Downers Grove, IL: Intervarsity Press.
- Newbigin, L. (1995). The open secret: An introduction to the theology of mission. Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company.
- Ott, C, Tennent, C. & Strauss, J. (2010). Encountering theology of mission: Biblical foundations, historical developments, and contemporary mission. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
- Peters, G. (1972). A biblical theology of missions. Chicago, IL: Moody Press.
- Fuder, J & Castellanos, N. (2009). A heart for the community: New models for urban and surburban ministry. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers.