Oden, A. (2000). And you welcomed me: A sourceboook on hospitality in early Christianity. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Anderson, D. (2007). Gracism: The art of inclusion.
- Anderson, D. (2004). Multicultural ministry: Finding your church’s unique rhythm.
- Blake, J. (2008) Why Americans prefer Sundays segregated.
- Conde-Frazier, E., Kang, S., & Parrett, G. (2007). Many colored kingdom: Multicultural dynamics for spiritual formation.Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing Group.
- DeYmaz, M. (2007). Building a Healthy multi-ethnic church: Mandate, commitments, and practices of a diverse congregation. San Francisco, CA: Leadership Network Publications.
- DeYmaz, M. and Li, H. (2010). Ethnic blends: Mixing diversity into your local church. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- DeYoung, C. (1995). Coming together: The Bible’s message in an age of diversity.Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press.
- DeYoung, C. (2009). Coming together in the 21st century: The Bible’s message in the age of diversity. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press.
- DeYoung, C., Emerson, M., Yancey, G. & Kim, K. (2003). United by faith: The multiracial congregation as an answer to the problem of race. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Edwards, K. (2009) The elusive dream: The power of race in interracial church. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Elmer, D. (2006). Cross-cultural servanthood: Serving the world in Christlike humility. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Books.
- Elmer, D. (2002). Cross-cultural connections: Stepping out and fitting in around the world. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Emerson, M. (2000) Divided by faith: Evangelical religion and the problem of race in America. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Fong, K. (1999). Pursuing the pearl: A comprehensive resource for multi-Asian ministry. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press..
- Fong, K. (2011). The Wall: The church should be one…no more cultural or ethnic separation. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Foster, C. (1997). Leadership in multicultural congregations: Embracing diversity. Alban Institute.
- García, F. and García, N. (1988). Outcry in the Barrio. Freddie Garcia Ministries.
- Hasselgrave, D. (2000). Planting churches cross-culturally. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
- Hunter. G. (1996). Reaching the unchurched.
- Law, E. (1996). The bush was burning but not consumed.
- Law, E. (2000) Inclusion: Making room for grace.
- Law, E. (1993) The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: A spirituality for leadership in a multicultural community.
- Ling, S. and Cheuk, S. (1999). The ‘Chinese’ way of doing things. P & R Publishing.
- Lyght, E., Dharmaraj, G. and Dharmaraj, J. (2006). Many faces, one church: A manual for cross-racial and cross-cultural ministry.
- Manning. B. (1990). The ragamuffin gospel: Good news for the bedraggle, beat-up, and burnt out.
- Marti, G. (2008). Hollywood faith: Holiness, prosperity, and ambition in a Los Angeles Church.
- Marti, G. (2005). A mosaic of believers: Diversity and innovation in a multiethnic church.
- McIntosh, G. & McMahan, A. (2012). Being the church in a multi-ethnic community: Why it matters and how it works. Indianapolis, IN: Wesleyan Publishing House.
- Meyers, M. and Lingenfelter, S. (1986). Ministering cross-culturally: An incarnational model for personal relationships. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Publishing.
- Ortiz. M. (1996). One new people: Models for developing a multiethnic church. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.
- Perry, D. (Ed.) (2002). Building unity of the church of the new millennium. Chicago, IL: Moody Press.
- Plueddemann, J. (2009). Leading across cultures: Effective ministry and mission in the global church. Downers Grove, IL:
- Powers, L. (2006). Becoming a multicultural church. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock.
- PBS.org. (2009).Interracial churches.
- PBS.org. (2009). Interview with Michael Emerson.
- Rah, Soong-Chan. (2010). Cultural intelligence for a changing church. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers.
- Rah, Soong-Chan. (2009). The next evangelicalism: Releasing the church from western cultural captivity.
- Rodriguez, D. (2011) A future for the latino church. Models for multilingual, multigenerational Hispanic congregations. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic Press.
- Schuler, D. (2003). Winning the race to unity: Is racial reconciliation really working?.
- Woo, R. (2009) The color of church.
- Woodley, R. (2004). Living in color: Embracing God’s passion for ethnic diversity.
Pearson, E. & Bridgemen, V. (2008). Those preaching women: A multicultural collection. Valley Forge, PA.
Culture and Theology
See Theology on the Culture bibliography page.
- Betchnal, C. (Ed.). (2008). Touching the altar: The Old Testament for Christian worship
- Black, K. (2000). Culturally conscious worship.
- Black, K. (1998). Worship across cultures.
- Blout, B. & Tubbs Tisdale, L. (Eds.) (2001). Making room at the at the table: An invitation to mulicultural worship. Louisville, KY: Westminister Press John Knox.
- Bordas, J.(2007). Salsa, soul and spirit: Leadership for a multicultural age. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
- Dyrness, W. (2009). A primer on postmodern worship.
- Dryness, W. (2008). Senses of the soul.
- Jensen, R. (2004). The substance of things seen: Art, faith, and the Christian community.
- Kimball, D. (2004). Emerging worship: Creating worship gatherings for new generations.
- Marti, G. (2012). Worship across the racial divide: Religious music and the multiracial congregation. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Peterson, D. (1992). Engaging with God: A biblical theology of worship. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Press.
- Piper, J. (1993). Let the nations be glad! 2nd Ed.
- Shaw, L. (2010). For the beauty of the church: Casting a vision for the arts.
- Segler, F. & Bradley, R. (2006). Christian worship: Its theology and practice.
- Smith, J. (2009).Calvin symposium on worship 2009: Postmodernism, worship, and evangelism.
- Stroupe, N. and Leach, C. (2003). O Lord, hold our hands: How a church thrives in a multicultural world.