- Please respond to the topic of the blog post only.
- Be respectful when responding to another’s comments. Ground your comments in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-discipline (Gal 5:22-23).
- Avoid lengthy, multi-comment, thread-hijacking, and/or nitpicking discussions. (From Stuff White People Do)
- Show tolerance for the other’s opinion. You may disagree, but do so politely.
- Do not slander, attack, threaten, bully or say anything hurtful to or about another person.
- Refrain from violent language and profanity, as well as racial, ethnic and/or religious slurs.
- Comment using positive tones, without incorporating any negative, direct or indirect monikers.
- When making a statement, provide support for your reasoning.
Do note that PerSpectives 12 moderates comments. Replies that violate guidelines are subject to being blocked from posting.
Sojourners Code of Conduct provides solid guidelines to direct your commenting.
- I will express myself with civility, courtesy, and respect for every member of the Sojourners online community, especially toward those with whom I disagree—even if I feel disrespected by them. (Romans 12:17-21)
- I will express my disagreements with other community members’ ideas without insulting, mocking, or slandering them personally. (Matthew 5:22)
- I will not exaggerate others’ beliefs nor make unfounded prejudicial assumptions based on labels, categories, or stereotypes. I will always extend the benefit of the doubt. (Ephesians 4:29)
- I will hold others accountable by reporting comments that violate these principles, based not on what ideas are expressed but on how they’re expressed. (2 Thessalonians 3:13-15)
- I understand that comments and wall posts reported as abusive are reviewed by the staff and are subject to removal. Repeat offenders will be blocked from making further comments. (Proverbs 18:7)